Her Majesty’s Theatre

The current, and fourth, theatre on this site was designed by C J Phipps and opened 28 April 1897. In 1929 Noel Coward’s “Bitter Sweet” was produced here and enjoyed a run of 697 performances. After the Second World War the theatre mostly presented musicals which included, West Side Story in 1958 and Fiddler On The Roof in 1967 which had a run of 2,030 performances. So when the Andrew Lloyd Webber/Charles Hart musical Phantom of the Opera opened here on 9 October 1986 the theatre was used to long runs. Renovation work took place on the dome and exterior in 1992, and of the interior in 1994 and the scaffolds has only just come down after more recent work. More Information

Her Majesty's Theatre

Her Majesty’s Theatre Access and Facilities

Her Majesty’s Theatre, Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4QR

Access

  • Theatre facilities for disabled access
  • Guide Dogs allowed – please notify theatre when booking
  • Tube: Piccadilly Circus
  • Taxis: Hail a cab outside the theatre
  • Nearby Bus Routes – 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 22, 22B, 38, 53, 88, 94, 159
  • Westminter City Council car park at Whitcomb Street.

Facilities

  • Infrared facilities for the hard of hearing
  • Theatre air-conditioning
  • Theatre bars – 3: Stalls, Dress Circle and Upper Circle.
  • Concessions – Ice Cream and confectionery, programmes and souvenirs
  • Theatre Toilets: Stalls 3 x Ladies 1 x Gents. Dress Circle: 2 x Ladies. Upper Circle: Ladies and Gents. Balcony: Ladies and Gents

Current and past productions at the Her Majesty’s Theatre

Phantom of the Opera, Jeeves, The Good Companions, Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, Brigadoon, Follow the Girls