July in London is always a busy month, so make sure you have enough time in your itinerary to check out as much as possible when you come to London… why not enjoy a two night theatre break to make sure you see as many July Events in London as possible!
The Southbank is always a fascinating place to visit. With pop-up bars and restaurants, street performers and special festivals.
- Udderbelly Festival – The giant, upside-down, purple, cow returns with a wonderful menu of acts, from comedy and music to burlesque and circus – and sometimes all four! to 17 July
- Festival of Love – Come to the Southbank centre for this celebration of love. 9 July-29 August
- London Wonderground – Just next to the Udderbelly, the Spiegel tent plays host to some more comedy, cabaret, circus, music and general oddness!. 5 May-25 September
Further along the Thames to the East
- Cutty Sark Comedy Festival – Top comedians and rising stars warm up their acts before the big one: the Edinburgh Fringe! 22 July-4 August
- Height of Summer at The Shard – Look down on the rest of London as you wander the paths of London’s highest summer garden. 2 June-18 September
Whilst to the west
- RHS Hampton Court Flower Show – Enjoy the world’s largest flower show (yes even bigger than Chelsea!) at Hampton Court Palace. 5-10 July
Trafalgar Square is also a centre for several celebrations throughout the month.
- Trafalgar Square Big Screens – live opera and ballet performances are streamed live to a big screen in Trafalgar Square. 18 May-14 July
- Eid 2016 at Trafalgar Square – a celebration of Muslim culture during this most important of Muslim festivals. 9 July
- Big Dance in Trafalgar Square – A truly huge dance event which will feature a major dance commission by Akram Khan who is one of the world’s most innovative choreographers. 2 July
Music Lovers should look out for
- Lovebox – LCD Soundsystem and Major Lazer headline the Victoria Park festival . 15-16 July
- Wireless Festival 2016 – Calvin Harris headlines the music festival at Finsbury Park this year. 8-10 July
- BBC Proms 2016 – Enjoy a performance at the biggest classical music festival in the world. 15 July-10 September
Sport lovers can look forward to some great July Events in London too
- Wimbledon 2016 – Watch the very best tennis players in the world, including our own Tim Henman, play first-class tennis and enjoy strawberries. 27 Jun-10 July
- London Anniversary Games – The London Anniversary Games will play host to the best athletes in the world, including Usain Bolt! 22-23 July
- Prudential RideLondon – If doing is more your thing then join in with the Prudential RideLondon festival of cycling on the last weekend of the month. 30-31 July
On a more sombre note, July 2016 marks the centenary of the Battle of the Somme. Events marking the 100th anniversary of the battle will take place across London. 1 Jun-31 July
Lastly a chance to take a closer look at two London icons: with London Zoo and Buckingham Palace July Events in London.
- Sunset Safari – Explore London’s zoo in Regent’s Park as the sun comes down. 3 Jun-15 July
- Buckingham Palace Tour – Discover the richies that lie behind the doors of Buckingham Palace’s beautiful State Rooms. 23 July-2 October.