A new version of Puccini’s timeless classic, La bohème, comes to the King’s Head Theatre (London’s first and foremost pub theatre) from 31 August 2016.
Focusing on the central quartet of Mimi, Musetta, Rodolfo (Ralph) and Marcello (Mark) the opera is set in present day East London, where the story of four closely dependent friends sits equally powerfully against a backdrop of spiralling rents and social media in London as it originally did when it was set in 19th century Paris.
The cast includes Roberto Abate, Stephanie Edwards, Thomas Humphreys, Matthew Kimble and Becca Marriott
The King’s Head Theatre produced a similarly updated version of Mozart’s Cosi fan tutte, which played for five weeks to critical and popular acclaim in March of this year.
- Wednesday 31st August – Saturday 8th October 2016
- Tuesday – Saturday, 7.00pm, Sunday Matinees, 3.00pm (excludes 1st, 4th, 6th and 8th September)
- £21.50 (Concessions £19.50 and £17.50)
- Premium seats are available at £25.00 (£35.00 on Friday/Saturday)
- Previews £10.00 and £14.00
- Box Office: 0207 226 8561
- King’s Head Theatre, 115 Upper Street, London, N1 1QN