Duke of York’s Theatre
Designed by Walter Emden, London’s Duke of York’s Theatre on St Martin’s Lane, first opened on 10th September 1892 with “The Wedding Eve”. It was first called the Trafalger Square then 2 years later shortened to Trafalger. It became known as The Duke of York in 1895. More information on Wikipedia
Duke of York’s Theatre Access and Facilities
The Duke of York’s Theatre, St Martin’s Lane, London, WC2N 4BG
- Theatre facilities for disabled access
- Theatre facilities for the hard of hearing
- Guide Dogs 4 per Performance
- Nearest Tube Stations: Leicester Square
- Nearest Train Station Charing Cross
- Westminter City Council car park at Trafalgar Square and Whitcomb Street. NCP at St Martin?s Lane. Currently 3 parking meters within 50m of main entrance.
- Bars: 2 – Stalls and Upper Circle.
- Consessions: Ice Cream, confectionery and programmes
- Theatre Toilets – Stalls: Gents. Dress Circle: Ladies and unisex disabled. Upper Circle: Ladies and Gents
Previous Shows at the Duke of York’s Theatre
How the Other Half Loves, Doctor Faustus, The Father, Goodnight Mr Tom, Farinelli and the King, Hetty Feather, Hay Fever, The Nether, Neville’s Island, Jeeves and Wooster, A Doll’s House, Passion Play, The Judas Kiss, Jumpy, Backbeat, All New People