The London Book & Screen Week 2017 (13th– 19th March) is a seven day, citywide series of events celebrating books and their adaptations to stage, film, TV and games.
Writer Michael Morpurgo
Now in its third year, the 2017 programme will include:
- A special edition of Austentatious as Leicester Square Theatre to mark the bicentenary of Jane Austen’s death
- Bestselling children’s author Michael Morpurgo (right) in conversation with Owen Sheers 10 years after his book War Horse was first performed at the National Theatre
- An evening with Irish writer Roddy Doyle three decades after the publication of his first book The Commitments, which is currently touring as a musical
- a very special Harry Potter screening at the St. Pancras Renaissance Hotel London.
- A Soho awards night with David Nicholls
Produced by The London Book Fair, the seven-day, citywide festival celebrates books – and the films, games, plays and TV programmes they inspire – shining the spotlight on the critical role books play in our creative industries.
This year’s programme celebrates the 20th anniversary of the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and 200 years since the death of Jane Austen.
Further information is at www.londonbookandscreenweek.co.uk