On 16th March, the Society of London Theatre (SOLT) and UK Theatre, announced:
“We regret to announce that from this evening (including tonight’s performances) SOLT and UK Theatre venues have closed following official government advice. They will remain closed until further notice and will re-open when possible, following government recommendations.”
Currently, most West End shows have announced that they are suspending performances and that they will monitor the situation going forward. But there are early rays of sunshine on the horizon (see below)
As far as theatre breaks are concerned, we have suspended all bookings for performances before November 2020 as bookings for shows performed that date are only being made direct with the box office. This is not to say that we will start booking this autumn, if that becomes possible, but currently, that date is our best hope/ best guess scenario.
Check out the See it Safely on the Society of London Theatre pages at https://officiallondontheatre.com/see-it-safely/
Nica Burns has announced that Nimax Theatres will launch a full programme of special shows at each of their six venues prior to the return of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Palace theatre), Everybody’s Talking About Jamie (Apollo theatre), Magic Goes Wrong (Vaudeville theatre), The Play That Goes Wrong (Duchess theatre). Details on this special season of shows will be announced over the next fortnight.
Renaissance, starring Haydn Gwynne and James Corrigan open at the Grade ll listed Stephens House and Gardens in North London.
The Moustrap has confirmed that is will start social distancing performances from 23 October 2020.
Jesus Christ Superstar has opened at the Regent’s Park Theatre for a 6 week concert run.
Sleepless, A musical romance, based on hit film Sleepless in Seattle currently showing.
- Disney’s The Lion King – performances are suspended until Spring 2021
- Mary Poppins – performances of Mary Poppins in London are suspended until further notice.
- The Phantom of the Opera has temporarily closed at Her Majesty’s Theatre.
- City of Angels has cancelled the remainder of the run.
- TINA – The Tina Turner Musical has decided to cancel all performances until the 28th November 2020.
- The Book of Mormon has decided to cancel all performances until the 3rd January 2021.
- Wicked have updated their closure period to the 31st October 2020.
- Everybody’s Talking about Jamie is now cancelled until 11th November 2020.
- Six the Musical is now cancelled until November 2020.
- The Play That Goes Wrong – opens from 20th October 2020.
- Magic Goes Wrong – opens from 17 November 2020.
- The Prince of Egypt – performances cancelled until 31st October 2020. Rumours abound of a new start date – fingers crossed.
- Cinderella – this show has been rescheduled to 19th March 2021 to Sunday 24th October 2021.
- All ATG venus (with the exception of Wicked) are closed until the 20th September 2020.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – performances cancelled to 21 February 2021
- Hairspray is now onsale between 22nd April 2021 to 28th August 2021.
- The Nutcracker and Raymonda are currently suspended from sale while Coliseum decides on the future arrangements for these shows.
We will work through booking amendments and refunds as performances are cancelled.
We thank you for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times.