RHS Chelsea Flower Show
RHS Chelsea Flower Show Packages
Every year, just in time for Christmas, tickets and packages go on sale for the Chelsea Flower Show. Ever since 1913 the Royal Horticultural Society have brought the very finest in garden design and general horticulture, presenting new and established plants and planting methods on a backdrop of exciting and ever-changing design.
2013 RHS Chelsea Flower Show Packages are no longer available, see our Hampton Court Flower Show packages
Visitors can pick up a wide range of gardening accessories, and many new gardening products make their debut at the show. Those wishing to learn and discover some of the latest scientific developments in horticulture must see the Lifelong Learning exhibits within the Great Pavilion. The latest trends in floral art and floristry can also be seen at the show.
NEWS: Gardens Announced for 2013 RHS Chelsea Flower Show
Although it is not the biggest show in London (Hampton Court holds that record) it is arguably the most famous and hundreds of thousands of visitors pass through its gates every year.
Our own record is a little more modest but for the last five years we have been offering packages for the Chelsea Flower Show including event tickets and overnight hotel accommodation helping over 10,000 keen gardeners get to the event.
In 2010 we published a short guide to getting the best out of the show, or rather a short guide on how to make sure the show doesn’t take… well here it is again in all its brevity!
IN 2007 the Evening Standard ran a short survival guide for the would-be Chelsea Flower Show visitor. We included it in our show pages in 2010 and it still represents some excellent advice: take heed.
- Footwear: There is, quite simply, nothing more important than wearing the right shoes. Make sure they are comfortable and hard wearing, basically leave the stilettoesat home – you might find yourself stuck in the mud during one of Chelsea’s infamous downpours and Diarmuid Gavin is not going come and pull you out: believe me!
- Be prepared for all sorts of weather: an umbrella can be a right royal pain (especially if it is sunny). take a light raincoat with a hood
- Plan ahead: you can buy your catalogue, it is a lovely way to get all the information. It’s like having a list of all your Christmas presents before you open them, a great way to get in the mood! And there is a handy map inside to plan your day.
- Local knowledge: A little goes a long way. For instance, the loos in Western Avenue often have shorter queues. [That's 2007 advice, I din't get that far last year - maybe someone can update us on this!]
- Water: Carry a couple of bottles to avoid shelling out for some overpriced bottled stuff of dubious provenance.
- Plant Societies’ Stands: Don’t forget to visit them – you can get specialist advice and find some interesting rarities.
- Credit card: Take one if you cannot resist being the first to buy new varieties. On second thoughts, leave it behind.
- Get there early: Doors open at 8am, and it is soon crowded. (this is why our breaks include staying the night before in London, so you are as fresh as a daisy for the day ahead!)
- Tact: Try to avoid saying out loud things like, “My six-year-old could have done better.” The person next to you is probably the designer. This is good advice for art galleries too!
- Bun fight: If you are feeling strong, try the plant sale at the end of the show. It is signalled by a bell at 4pm and makes the Harrods sale look like a walk in the park. But check what you are buying is in good condition.
- Cars: Don’t take the car – parking is very limited. If you do drive to London chose a hotel with parking – the closest are The Holiday Inn London-Kensington Forum and the The Comfort Inn Hotel Vauxhall.
As I mention above, the packages we offer include one day entrance tickets and overnight accommodation at a nearby hotel. Please note Chelsea Flower Show packages online include overnight accommodation on the night prior to your entrance ticket, but you can book extra nights and stay on in London after the show. If you don’t want to stay before the show then please call the reservations team quoting TBREK on +44 (0)1904 420452
-- Download RHS Chelsea Flower Show as PDF --