Earlier this week I received the following email:
I hope things are going well. We certainly enjoy having you in the Little Monkey Club [Ed: we offer special deals on theatre tickets and pre-theatre meals for members!]
I’m writing to you with a little question which I hope you don’t mind me asking.
I want to take my HQ team on a Xmas treat to the theatre this year and so I would need to purchase 9 or 10 tickets (we are recruiting so may need the extra plus 1 by xmas).
They are a great team of people who love a bit of fun and lots of laughs.
Can you recommend anything and give me some advice on how I may be able to purchase 10 tickets without going bankrupt!!!
Obviously I replied, but I thought there may be a few clubs, offices, companies etc out there who will be trying to organise a group Christmas outing to the theatre in London. So I thought I might as well tell you all!
So this is how I replied!
Hi Angie, good to hear from you.
What a nice idea to take the team out.
Good, fun, shows on in London include Kinky Boots and Matilda and School or Rock opens between now and Christmas. Also , if you fancy a laugh, The Play That Goes Wrong is very funny.
If you can get 10 people together and go midweek, then that will keep the costs down.
- Group tickets for The Play That Goes Wrong are available Monday to Friday at £29.50 each
- Group tickets for Kinky Boots are available Monday to Friday at £40 each
- Group tickets for School of Rock are available Monday + Wednesday & Thursday at £47.50 each
- and for Matilda it is Tuesday to Thursday at £39.50
- also there is Wicked, which varies between £30 and £40 or Mamma Mia! at £38.50 Mon-Friday.
Some discounts are available at less than 10, but if not, buying 10 is cheaper than buying 9 at full price – handy trick there!
Also some offers will not be available during school holidays, so that may have a bearing on matters as to when you go.
I hope that helps.
All the best